We know the weekend often includes dining out, takeout and extra sweet treats. Hey – we’ve been working all week long, and now we just want something easy for dinner! But making home-cooked meals on the weekend can be very enjoyable, fun and create family rituals that you will cherish.
Jazz up your weekend with a couple of these festive (but easy!) recipes that will still nourish your body. Get family and friends involved and create healthy weekend traditions that everyone will love!
- Scrambled Eggs and Greens – Integrative Nutrition
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie – Kicking Cancer in the Kitchen
- Banana-Pecan Pancakes with Chocolate Coconut Drizzle – Kicking Cancer in the Kitchen
- Loaded Nachos with Cashew Cheese – PETA
- Quinoa Three Ways (3 recipes here!) – Jill Shah, Jill’s List
- Cuban Blackbean Soup – Happy Herbivore Abroad, Lindsay Nixon (on Forks Over Knives)
- Fast Pizza – Forks Over Knives
- Baked Stuffed Bell Peppers – Integrative Nutrition
- No-Bake Oatmeal Raisin Balls – Kicking Cancer in the Kitchen
- Creamy Banana Cacao Pudding – Chloe Park (Mind Body Green)